Skip to main content

My Inspiration: Jessica Vosk

Everybody, I have a new inspiration and you’re all going to love her!! It’s the one and only Jessica Vosk!
You may know her from Wicked, in which she plays the famous green girl Elphaba on the national tour, but don’t forget she also played in Finding Neverland (Mrs. Bassett/mermaid) and even Fiddler on the Roof (Fruma Sarah).
Okay, why do I love her? Here we go! Well, first, she has a phenomenal voice. Really! Have you ever heard her sing? She’s amazing! Go check her rendition of “Chandelier” or “What Baking Can Do” on YouTube; you’ll be blown away. She puts so much power and passion in her singing; you’re not going to believe it! No wonder she’s Elphaba!

But, still, why do I love her, in particular? There’s a plenty of singers and actresses as talented as she is. Well, I’ll tell you why!
Jessica is not only a great singer; she is also SO funny! Really, she makes me laugh so much, just go on her Instagram, she’s hilarious. Everytime, I have a bad day, I just go on her twitter and I always feel better. Or at least, she’ll make you smile! She’s a real ray of sunshine!

Okay, seriously, I also love her because she is a nice and positive person! A few days ago, she went to High School’s rehearsal in the town she was touring because someone from that school tweeted her and ask her if she could come by. And guess what, she did! I mean, she took on her own time to go and visit some kids, and by doing that, she made them and the woman who tweeted her so happy! That’s a really touching and caring thing to do!
And she’s so positive with her body and the way she looks. She is inspiring a lot of people (myself included) just by being comfortable with you she is and telling us that it is okay to love eating because if you love eating, why stop? I know she must inspire a lot of young adults, especially girls, who try to fit in! She makes it completely okay to love the way you look, no matter your size or shape! She makes it okay to love yourself!

“BODY LOVE SUNDAY: Umm this might be long-winded. But you know me. Whatevs. I want you all to try and love your bodies today. NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK. EVERY SHAPE IS BEAUTIFUL. I have learned to love my curves. I used to think I needed to be the skinniest to fit into this business. But I learned that I COULD NEVER DO THAT BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME. OK? I have legs. I have booty. Cool. So, I decided to embrace myself. That means staying FIT, while enjoying my life. Never trust someone who says "No Chocolate Allowed." People can be mean. Some days are harder than others. But keep pushing yourself to do your absolute best. Whatever that may be. I BELIEVE IN YOU. I thank you for believing in me. And lemme tell ya, Elphaba is the most athletic role I've ever had to play. EVER. Ask any green girl. She will tell you the same. It. Is. A. Marathon. And AWESOME. Kicks my ass in the best way. So ladies...no matter what...no matter who tries to rip you apart...Look in the mirror and say...HONEY, YOU GOT THIS. 😘😘😘😘😘 #nodamnfilter #nodamnfacetune #bodypositive #myneckisstillgreen #fitissexytoo.” Jessica Vosk. 
From Jessica’s Instagram.


And, I kept the best for the end! An article by Michael Gioa from Playbill just came out a few days ago about Jessica’s former career. Indeed, she hasn’t always been singing her out on the stage, but she used to work as an associate director for a boutique investor relations firm in New York City. Can you imagine? She actually started to sing and act at 27 years old! This shows us all that no matter how old we are, we can still find a way to follow our dream! This is extremely important especially in a society that makes you feel that you are too old to do the things you want. Well, that’s bullshit! And Jessica is the living proof of it!
No matter how old you are, or how you look, you can achieve anything!

So, if by now you’re not convinced that Jessica Vosk is an inspiration and an amazing person and performer, I can’t do anything for you!
Because, for me, she is a star and she deserves all our love! We love you, Jessica!

From Jessica’s Instagram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Emilia at the Vaudeville Theatre

The Three Emilias - Clare Perkins, Saffron Coomber, Adelle Leonce - pic:   http://www.stagereview.co.uk   I remember stepping into the Vaudeville Theatre without really knowing what to expect. Before booking the show, I’ve heard really good things about it. People saying how inspired, how affected they were coming out of it. Even reviews raved about it. If so many talked about it that way, it must be good right? So, learning it would close soon, I decided to buy a ticket. Before going, I only knew one thing. I knew that it was the story of one of the first published women in England during Shakespeare’s time. As a writer and a woman, it was enough to convince me. History-based shows always fascinated me but knowing that I would learn about a woman whose work and story had been ignored for centuries, I was even more curious about it. I just hoped it would live up to its praise.  Shakespeare's Globe’s production Emilia tells the story of Emilia Bassano, a poet, a

We Are Madly In Love With The Delightful Erika Henningsen From Mean Girls The Musical

While many students all across the world barely make their way back to school, the fearlessly talented Erika Henningsen has already begun her journey in the terrifying halls of North Shore High School almost seven months ago. Starring in the new, Tony-nominated musical Mean Girls as the bright-eyed and keen Cady Heron , the 26-year old Broadway star shines ‘as bright as day’ on the stage of the August Wilson Theatre every night. Erika Henningsen (photo: Joan Marcus)

25 Songs from Musicals to Listen to Feel Better

When I’m feeling anxious or stressed, there aren’t a lot of things that help me feel better. Except for music. I’ve always loved listening to music. I listen to music all the time. Whether,  to escape my reality, to help go to sleep or just to relax. But I’ve discovered recently that listening to music also helps me calm down, especially when I’m not feeling great mentally.  So I’ve decided to put together a playlist of songs to listen to from musicals that I love. The Broadway community has always been an advocate for mental health but furthermore, musicals often have included songs that try to bring up a more positive and love-centred message. These songs are going from upbeat melodies to beautiful and serene ballads, depending on your mood.  I hope it’ll help you feel better too.  You Will Be Found - Dear Even Hansen You are never alone, even when you think you've reached your darkest point. Out of the Darkness - Everybody's Talking About Jamie Don't